Aviation Collectables is a company based in Italy that has several books on aircraft printed in Italian and English. The books contain several color and black and white high definition photos.
This book covers the F-84F and the RF-84F in the Italian Aviation Series. The book starts out with picture of US Air Force F-84 and RF-84 jets then transitions in what the Italian Air Force used.
The book is divided into ten chapters all covering the use of the F-84F and RF-84 in the Italian Air Service.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - The F-84 development and overseas service
- Chapter 3 - The F-84 in service with the Italian Air Force
- Chapter 4 - Diavoli Rossi (Red Devils)
- Chapter 5 - Getti Tonanti (Thundering Jets)
- Chapter 6 - RF-84F Thunderflash – Development and overseas service
- Chapter 7 - The RF-84F in service with the Italian Air Force
- Chapter 8 - Modelers notes F-84F and RF- 84F
- Chapter 9 - Appendi
- Chapter 10 - Acknowledgements and Bibliography
In the Book
The book is a paperback with glossy pages making for great resolution of its photographs. There are color pages depicting various markings of different squadrons the jet served with in the Italian Air Force. This is my kind of book - lots of pictures, both color and black and white.
The modelers section looks at the Airfix and Italeri kits with great color photographs of the completed models.
For anyone building the jets listed in the book, this would be a high recommendation for your aircraft documentation. The color photographs are especially good.
I want to thank Aviation Collectables and IPMS/USA for the opportunity to read and review the book.
Add new comment