Mark IV Female British WW I Tank
The kit consists of 14 nicely cast resin pieces, one fret of PE parts and a small decal sheet. I found no bubbles, voids or “mushy” casting, however, as can be seen in the photos, there is more resin contained in the casting blocks than in the kit parts. These are quite frankly huge and removing them is the single biggest chore in assembly. I used a Dremel tool saw to cut the largest parts off, then a Dremel sander to remove most of the rest and sandpaper and files to finish off the job. The PE parts are nicely done, but are tiny! A good Opti-visor or microscope is advisable when working with them. The model is solid, so there is no chance to “open it up” and add an interior.
Once cleaned up, the parts all went together very well requiring no filler or adaptation to eliminate seams as is often the case with resin kits. The PE parts all folded easily with the help of a PE “Bug” and fit well. All this was accomplished without much help from the minimal instruction sheet that has arrows pointing in the general direction of where a part should go. You may need to refer to a photo of the real vehicle to make sure you’ve got the PE folded correctly and in the correct location.
The decal sheet gives you markings for a British machine and a captured one used by the Germans. They released easily and settled down nicely with setting solution.
The detail on this tiny kit is pretty amazing, actually. When completed it makes for a fun display and if mated with other Brengun 1/144 WWI items could make a nice display/diorama.
Thanks to Brengun for providing the review kit and to IPMS/USA for the chance to see this very nicely done little kit.