About the Company
Founded in January 2012, Furball Aero-Design's goal is to provide the enthusiast/ modeler with most accurate, well researched, and interesting decal sets available on the market. Their decal sets will always be jammed packed with multiple markings options and provide the modeler with the best value bar none. Each decal set is printed to the highest quality standards by the Hobby Industry's leading decal printer, Cartograf of Italy.
What’s on the Sheet?
This Particular sheet covers 17 aircraft from 3(USA, Norway, Japan) of the current 12 countries involved or part of the FMS sales.
The aircraft covered are as followed:
- F-35A 08-0747, 33rd FW, 58th FS, Eglin AFB
- F-35A 08-0746, 33rd FW, 58th FS, Eglin AFB
- F-35A 09-5007, 53rd WG, 422nd TES, Nellis AFB
- F-35A 10-5009, 53rd WG, 422nd TES, Nellis AFB
- F-35A 09-5004, 53rd WG, 31st TES, Edwards AFB
- F-35A 12-5059, 57th WG, 16th WPS, Nellis AFB
- F-35A 12-5051, 57th WG, 16th WPS, Nellis AFB
- F-35A 07-0744, 412th TW, 461st FLTS, Edwards AFB
- F-35A 12-5056, 56th FW, 61st FS, Luke AFB
- F-35A 15-5120, 56th FW, 63rd FS, Luke AFB
- F-35A 11-5030, 56th FW, 61st FS, Luke AFB
- F-35A 13-5068, 56th FW, 62nd FS, Luke AFB
- F-35A 13-5072, 388th FW, 34th FS, Hill AFB
- F-35A 13-5071, 388th FW, 34th FS, Hill AFB
- F-35A 14-5111, Royal Norwegian Air Force
- F-35A 14-5116, JASDF
The Decals are extremely bright for being the subdued color required and have no carrier film at all, Furball has used Cartograf to handle their printing needs and anyone who knows about Cartograf know they are the industry standard for quality.
These decals come with a total of 6 front and back pages of diagrams for decal placement and stencil locations, which there is enough to decal the new Italeri kit completely and still have ample amounts of leftovers.
I did not notice any particular color callouts or a specific brand of paints recommended so I would assume use whatever fancies you and makes you happy but the basic FS color callouts are available so at least the guesswork is taken out of the equation.
My thanks to IPMS and Furball decals for giving me the opportunity to review these decals and have them as a direct replacement for my F-35, I have used Furball decals on several occasions and have also reviewed some of their products and I stand behind their quality and support 100%!