MiniArt is a Ukraine company that was established in 2001 and released their first kit in 2003. They are well known for their Diorama series, but the have released many armored vehicles, figure sets and accessory sets over the past several years.
This set comes in an end-opening cardboard box and it contains four sprues of parts molded in a light gray plastic. The molding is clean with no flash, but there are a few minor mold lines that will need to be removed on some of the parts. The attachment points on the parts to the sprue have been well thought out even though some are on the large side. This should make clean up easy. These pieces have a high degree of detail even though some are relatively small.
What comes in the kit is as follows:
- 5 - Soviet helmets SSh-36 (These have molded liners also)
- 5 - Soviet helmets SSh-40 (These have molded liners also)
- 5 - Canteens w/canvas covers
- 1 - canteen
- 2 - aluminum mugs
- 3 - Aluminum spoons
- 1 - Soviet Military Binoculars
- 1- Revolver Nagant, M-1895
- 1 - Soviet Entrenching Tool with cover
- 1 - Case for binoculars
- 1 - Holster for revolver "Nagant"
- 2 - Grenade RPG-40
- 2 - Grenade F-1
- 1 - Soviet officer mapcase
- 1 - Flare gun holster OP-26
- 2 - OP-26 Flare gun
- 1 - Cartridge for for flare gun OP-26
- 1 - Tokarev TT-33 Holster
- 1 - Tokarev TT-33
- 1 - Charger clip for TT-33
- 3 - Pouch for grenades RGD-33
- 1 - Pouch for grenades F-1
- 2 - Grenade RGD-33
- 2 - Grenade RPG-43
- 1 - Sergant's field bag
- 2 - Mosin-Nagant 91/30 PU sniper rifle
- 2 - Mosin-Nagant model 38 carbine
- 2 - Mosin-Nagant 91/30 rifle
- 2 - 5 round stripper clips for the rifles
- 12 - Mosin rifle ammo pouch
- 4 - Bayonets for the Mosins
As you can see, this set includes many pieces that would compliment any Eastern front diorama. I would recommend this set to anyone that builds WWII Russian subjects, but could even go as far to include Korean era and Viet Nam with this set.
I would like to thank Model Rectifier Corporation and IPMS/USA for affording me the opportunity to review this kit.