US Navy Helicopters Acrylic Colors Set
This is another paint set by the prolific Ammo by MiG concern out of Spain. I’m sure many of you already use these acrylic paints and so are familiar with their ease of use with both brush and airbrush. The featured colors come in the familiar yellow-capped 17ml dropper bottles and include the necessary colors to paint the SH-2 Seasprite, SH-3 Sea King or SH-60 Seahawk, and many other post-war US Navy helicopters.
The colors themselves look good for the applications required, and have, apparently, been slightly lightened for scale effect. Each bottle contains a small stainless steel ball bearing to aid mixing, which is a great idea that ought to be copied by other manufacturers. The paints are water-soluble, odorless and non-toxic; they can be thinned using distilled water, but Ammo recommends using their proprietary thinner.
Colors included in this set are:
- A.MIG-0047 ACRYLIC COLOR Satin White
- A.MIG-0208 ACRYLIC COLOR FS-36320 Dark Compass Ghost Gray
- A.MIG-0209 ACRYLIC COLOR FS-36495 Light Gray
- A.MIG-0210 ACRYLIC COLOR FS-35237 Blue Gray AMT-11
- A.MIG-0227 ACRYLIC COLOR FS-25042 Sea Blue (ANA 606)
- A.MIG-0241 ACRYLIC COLOR FS 36440 Light Gull Gray
This set is a useful one-stop for the Post-War USN helo enthusiast, and with their ease of use and easy clean-up, I can recommend them! Many thanks to AMMO by MiG for the review sample.