Each issue of Scale Aircraft Modeling follows a basic design and format. There are usually two Feature Articles, an Aviation in Profile piece, industry news and a series of Compact Build Reviews.
The Feature articles for this issue covers a build of new H-K Models 1/32 Gloster Meteor and a 1/48 Wingman Models Latin American Kfir. The Meteor is from Jay Laverty and is Part 1 of a two part series. Part 1 covers the some issues with the kit and their easy fixes as well as preparation for the metallic finish and several hints and tips towards making it perfect.
The other Feature article is from Brian Wakeman and builds Wingman Models 1/48 Kfir. This is the Kinetic kit with the addition of lots of resin for cockpit, nose and a host of other parts. He finishes the kit in markings for Columbian Air Force with superb weathering.
The Aviation in Profile article covers the FMA IA-58A Pucara. The article has 15 profiles of different markings along with a nice history and operational shots. This ties right into the build article below.
As is the case in each issue of SAM, there are a number of Compact Build Reviews.
- XtraKit 1/72 Vampire FB5 by Chris Fleet
- Jay Laverty continues the 1/12 Spitfire build and it is taking shape
- Roden's 1/144 Dakota by Massimo Santarossa
- Trumpeter's 1/144 J-20 Stealth Fighter by Seb Videc
- AZ Model 1/72 Airspeed Oxford by Yoav Efrati
- Trumpeter's 1/48 Nanchang CJ-6 by Gary Bottoms
- Tamiya's 1/72 P-51 in Guatemalan markings by Fabian Vera
- RS Models 1/72 P-39 by Angel Esposito Gonzales
- Hasegawa 1/48 P-40 in Brazilian Markings by Jeremias Luchina
- Aconcagua 1/48 resin Pucara by Jere
In addition, there are numerous notes, new kit announcements and other modeling related items. As always, SAM is highly recommended for its content and excellent reference information.
Thanks to Scale Aircraft Modelling and IPMS/USA for the opportunity to review this issue