Russian Voroshilovets Tractor
The Voroshilovets tractor was produced at the beginning of WWII and was used by the Russians as their heavy artillery prime mover. It had a crew of 2 and could carry the gun crew on the bench seats in the cargo bed. The Germans captured and used a few of these vehicles.
The kit is molded in yellow plastic, with the tracks in brown. There is also a sprue of excellent clear parts for the cab windows, tarp windows and headlight lenses. Molding is very good with a minimum of ejection pin marks. I had no references at hand, but the model looks to be close to the proper dimensions based on pictures I found on line.
The instructions are clear and nicely illustrated with 15 steps in 12 pages, including a parts map. The decal sheet measures 1 ½ by 2 inches and includes 2 red triangles for the Russian version and 6 white markings for the German version. There is a separate painting and decaling sheet with full color 5 view drawings for each version.
Construction starts with adding the running gear to the one piece lower hull. Then the individual link tracks are next. There have nice exterior detail and glue together easily. These were my first individual link tracks in over 50 years of building. I survived!
The cab interior includes a bench seat, foot pedals, gear shift and steering laterals, and a well done dashboard. The floor has a diamond tread surface and the doors have detail on both sides and could be left open if desired.
The fit on the cab and hood parts is excellent. I did need to sand the cab floor a bit to get it to fit. There are separate windshield wipers and a mirror, although none of the pictures I found shows a mirror on the vehicle.
The cargo bed was an easy build and includes bench seats, what I think may be gas tanks or tool boxes, a rear facing single sear and 2 fire extinguishers.
The bed cover (tarp) has nice texture and clear parts for the windows.
I painted the vehicle Model Master Acryl Russian Armor Green (4807), with flat black tracks and a khaki drab bed cover. The decals went on without a gloss coat and just a touch of Solvaset.
This kit was a fun build, even with the individual link tracks, and I highly recommend it for anyone with average skills and an interest in Russian armor.
I would like to thank Stevens International/Trumpeter for supplying the kit and IPMS for chance to review it.