The Hellenic Air Force (HAF) is one of the major European operators of the F-16 with 157 on hand and 13 more to deliver. The HAF operates a mix of Falcons including F-16 Cs and Ds, blocks 30, 50, and 52 which means they operate both the GE and P&W engines. I have to say the HAF has one of the coolest camouflage schemes and so I was pleased to see that Two Bobs has released this sheet which covers recent block 50 and 52 F-16 Cs and Ds.
This is not an extravagant sheet since it replicates the spare tactical schemes of the HAF; which means that the flashes of color are predominantly the roundels and tail band. TwoBobs gives you the option to build two complete models of the seven aircraft schemes provided. The stencils include the newer gray markings and the older orange-yellow markings. The decals are printed by Microscale and are crisp and in register. Aircraft covered:
- F-16C Block 50, 347thFS “Perseus”, Nea Anghialos AB which includes a winged dagger on the tail
- F-16D Block 50, 347thFS “Perseus”, Nea Anghialos AB which also includes the winged dagger emblem
- F-16D Block 52, 337thFS Larissa AB
- F-16D block 52, 340thFS “Fox”, Souda Bay, Crete with a black and yellow checkered tail band
- F-16C Block 50, 341stFS “Aces”, Nea Anghialos AB with a red tail band
- F-16C Block 52, 335thFS “Tiger”, Araxos AB
- F-16C Block 52, 343rdFS, Souda Bay, Crete, with a blue tail band with yellow stars
Given that these newer aircraft of the HAF fly with the latest weapons and the option of conformal tanks, it is a nice to be able to build two aircraft.
The instruction sheet is 2 full color double side sheets. Included are profiles for all of the aircraft as well as overhead and underside color drawings with stencil placement. Also included is a stencil key for the underwing drop tanks. Two Bobs provides the color callouts for the tactical scheme which consists of FS 36307, 36251 and 35237 for the airframe, 36118 for the radome and 36270 for the drop tanks. The colors are conveniently cross-referenced for Testors Model master, Humbrol, Gunze Sangyo and Xtracrylics. True to a TwoBobs decal set, there are reference pictures on the front page and a list of recommended kits and accessories.
This is another inspiring TwoBobs sheet that is relevant to today’s air forces. It is a great after market accessory for the latest generation of F-16 kits by Tamiya and Kinetic. Now in the tradition of NATO, where are the Turkish F-16 decals for equal time! Highly recommended.
Add new comment