About the Subject (from Wikipedia)
“The Mercedes-Benz W31 type G4 was a German three-axle off-road vehicle first produced by Mercedes-Benz as a staff/command car for the Wehrmacht in 1934. The cars were designed as a seven-seat touring car or closed saloon, and were mainly used by upper echelons of the Nazi regime in parades and inspections, as they were deemed too expensive for general Army use.
The G4 was a development of the G1, launched in 1926. All had an 8-cylinder inline engine, in the first three years of 5018 cc (306.2 cu in) displacement delivering 100 PS (74 kW). It was a 6×4 configuration with four-speed transmission (synchronised upper gears) that transferred drive to all four rear wheels.